Uncovering the Logic of English
a common-sense approach to reading, spelling, and literacy
1. The problem of English
2. The literacy crisis
3. Phonograms : the building blocks of words
4. Consonants, vowels, and syllables : what they are and why they matter
5. Foundational consonant rules
6. Foundational vowel rules
7. The mystery of the silent final E's solved!
8. Words ending in one vowel and one consonant
9. Adding suffixes to single vowel Y words
10. Adding suffixes to any word
11. The power of the Latin spellings of /sh/
12. Decoding past tense verbs
13. Forming plural nouns and singular verbs
14. Clearing confusion about al- and -ful
15. The final spelling rules
16. Overcoming challenges : creating an auditory picture
17. Efficient spelling and vocabulary development
18. Putting it all together
Appendix A. Spelling rules ; Appendix B. Basic phonograms ; Appendix C. More about the basic phonograms ; Appendix D. Sound to spelling reference ; Appendix E. Advanced phonograms ; Appendix F. Adding a suffix to any word ; Appendix G. Irregular verbs ; Appendix H. Irregular plurals ; Appendix I. Common prefixes and suffixes
Appendix J: American, British, Canadian & Australian spellings
AgeAdd Age Suitability
There are no ages for this title yet.
SummaryAdd a Summary
There are no summaries for this title yet.
NoticesAdd a Notice
There are no notices for this title yet.
QuotesAdd a Quote
There are no quotes for this title yet.
VideosAdd a Video
There are no videos for this title yet.