Need community service hours for school? The next volunteer session at the Gilroy Library will be from December through February. The first week of sign-ups (November 13 - November 19, 2023) is reserved for those currently in their senior year of high school. Sign-ups will open up to all other grades starting on November 20, 2023.
Teens can sign up for one weekly 2-hour shift which they must attend for the whole 3-month Winter session.
To sign up:
- Pick up a blank application from the Gilroy Library Adult Information Desk, or print one and fill it out.
- Bring your completed application to the Gilroy Library Adult Information Desk during the sign-up period. No early applications will be accepted.
- At that time, you may select an available shift.
- You must be between the ages of 14 and 18 to volunteer with the Library.
- You must live in Gilroy or San Martin, and/or be a student with Gilroy Unified School District.
- No repeat sessions unless invited back by staff.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required. Boosters are encouraged but not required.
- NEW REQUIREMENT: You must attend an orientation on Saturday, November 25 from 4PM to 5PM.
Don't delay!! Community service opportunities are in high demand in Gilroy, and our shifts will fill up quickly.
Questions? Please inquire at the Adult Information Desk or email email@example.com.