Surprised that I never heard of the following folk songs, nearly a third of the CD. Too young back when they were popular? The rest were my favorites as they were sung on pbs concerts.
9. A stranger in your town / The Shacklefords
10. Winkin', blinkin' and nod / The Simon Sisters
11. Ballad of the Alamo / Bud & Travis
17. Hootenanny / The Glencoves
19. Reverend Mr. Black / The Kingston Trio
20. Please don't sell my daddy no more wine / The Greenwoods
21. Lizzie Borden / The Chad Mitchell Trio
22. Ode to the little brown shack out back / Billy Edd Wheeler
26. Summer's come and gone / The Brandywine Singers
I'd like to take this opportunity to cast my vote for the best folk song ever: THE BIG MUDDY, by Pete Seeger. Sorry, Woody. and Michelle.
A cd with all classic folk hits from the 1960's. These are the years that Bob Dylan and Peter, Paul and Mary were just coming out with their first albums. A cream of the crop selection without a miss on any of the tracks. P.S. I love "The Big Muddy" by Pete Seeger! That is picking the cream of the crop from a very good harvest!
There are no ages for this title yet.
There are no summaries for this title yet.
There are no notices for this title yet.
There are no quotes for this title yet.